Georgia Online Continuing Education - 3 Hours Mold - Assessment
Live online events
3 hour course on mold assessment.
Our southern environment in Georgia provides an ideal breeding ground for mold fungi, making it crucial for professionals in the assessment, remediation, and construction fields to understand the laws and procedures surrounding mold assessment and removal. This specialized course is designed to equip participants with the knowledge and skills necessary to navigate mold assessment effectively. The course emphasizes the significance of mold fungi in our environment, explores various types of molds, and addresses health concerns associated with mold exposure. Participants will learn essential assessment techniques, sampling methods, and report writing details required for mold removal and remediation. Additionally, the course covers important considerations such as customer satisfaction, and compliance with OSHA and EPA guidelines.
- Understanding Mold: Learn to define microbial contaminants, biological and chemical pollutants, and the various types of molds. Gain awareness about the health concerns associated with mold exposure.
- Assessment Procedures: Master the visual inspection procedures, and learn about various sampling methods such as air, bulk, swab, tape, and trap sampling. Understand the equipment necessary for proper mold assessment.
- Indoor Air Quality and Moisture: Learn about indoor habitable and job site pollutants and the role of moisture and humidity in mold growth. Understand how to identify moisture intrusion and the importance of moisture control.
- Writing Remediation Protocols: Learn how to write effective remediation protocols, including in-progress inspections, clearance follow-up reports, and post-remediation verification.
- Customer and Liability Considerations: Understand the importance of customer considerations in mold assessment.
- Understanding Vapor and Moisture Barriers: Get a thorough understanding of vapor barriers and moisture control in mold assessment and remediation.
- Assessor Protocols and Equipment: Learn about the protocols for assessors and the equipment used in mold assessment.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and Respirators: Learn about the necessary PPE and respirators to protect from mold exposure.
By the end of this course, participants will have a comprehensive understanding of mold assessment and remediation in our southern environment. They will be equipped to handle mold issues professionally and efficiently, ensuring the safety and health of all involved.
Association of Construction Industry Certified Professionals, Inc. is an approved provider Continuing Education for Georgia Residential / Light Commercial Contractors.